- How to delete all partitions from a hard drivein Windows 11/10/8/7
- Delete all partitions at one time with a partition manager
- Delete all partitions with Disk Management
- Delete all partitions with Disk Cleanup command line
- How to delete all partitions with OS in Windows 11/10/8/7
Can I Delete All PartitionsWindows 11/10?
"Can anyone tell me if it's possible to delete all partitions on a Windows PC? I want to fully clean and remove all partitions on my Windows 10 computer and Windows 7 laptop to reinstall Windows OS.
I'm having trouble clearing the system partition from my computer. So is it possible to delete all partitions even including the system partition in Windows 10/8/7? How?"
Are you looking for a simple guide to help you clean and delete all partitions on your Windows PC to make use of all space on the computer HDD or SSD?Here on this page, you'll learn three ways to remove all partitions from disk: automatically delete all partitions at a time with powerful partition manager software, remove all partitions using Disk Management, and delete all partitions on Windows 10 using Diskpart in Command Prompt.
- If you have important data saved on the computer hard drive or SSD in Windows 10/8/7,back up and extract all data to an external hard drive in advance.
How to Delete All Partitions Windows 11/10 in 3 Easy Ways
If you are looking for an easy way to delete all partitions at a time on an HDDor SSD in Windows 10, 8, or 7, you'll have three methods to try and remove all partitions on your own.Just follow to see how can you delete all partitions altogether with ease now.
If you prefer an effective and 100% working trick, EaseUS partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master in Method 1 will help. If you need a free guide, Method 2 with disk management tool and Method 3 with diskpart command lines can be your choices.
Method 1. Delete all partitions at one time with partition manager software
Reliable partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master allows you to delete all partitions from a hard drive at one timewithits "Delete All" feature.
Windows 11/10/8/7100% Secure
All you need is to install EaseUS Partition Masteron your PC and activate it into a full version so to gain a smooth partition deleting process with the below guidelines:
Step 1.Launch EaseUS Partition Master, and click "Partition Manager".
Make sure that you've backed up the important data before deleting any partition on your disk.
Step 2.Select to delete partition or delete all partitions on hard drive.
- Delete single partition: right-click on a partition thatyou want to delete and choose "Delete".
- Delete all partitions: right-click a hard drive that you want to delete all partitions, and select "Delete All".
Step 3. Click "Yes" to confirm the deletion.
Step 4. Click "Execute xx Task" and then click "Apply" to save the change.
0:00 - 0:26 Delete single volumes; 0:27 - 0:53 Delete all partitions.
After this, you'll get an empty second hard disk or SSD on your PC, and you can create partitions on the disk to make full use of the space by them.
Except for deleting partitions, EaseUS Partition Master provides more one-stop disk partition features, such as resize/move the partition to solve low disk space issue, clone disk, merge partitions, create/delete/format partition, wipe data, disk/partition conversion, and more.
Windows 11/10/8/7100% Secure
Method 2. Delete all partitions Windows 10 with Disk Management
If you don't like using a third-party tool, Windows Disk Managementcan help you deletepartitions fromHDD or SSD. But this tool doesn't let you delete all partitions at once, you can only remove all partitions one by one.
1. Open Disk Management on Windows computer by right-clicking This PC or My Computer and select "Manage".
2. Right-click on the second hard drive or SSD partition and select "Delete Volume".
3. Repeat the steps again and again until you've deleted all partitions from the hard drive in Windows 10/8/7 PC. After deletion, all the space on your hard disk drive will be unallocated space. You can create new partitions to start again.
Method 3. Delete all partitions with Disk Cleanup command line
1. Right-click Start button and select Command Prompt.
2. Type:diskpart in Command Prompt and hit Enter.
3.Type: list disk and hit Enter.
4. Type: select disk 2 and hit Enter. (Replace 2 with the disk number of your second HDD/SSD.)
5. Type: clean and hit Enter.
6. Type:exitto finish the whole process.
After this, you'll get all partitions removed from the hard driveand you can re-partition the hard drive again by creating new partitions with the unallocated space.
How to Delete All Partitions Windows 11/10, Including the System Partition with OS
As we all know the Windows system doesn't allow users to deletesystem partition to ensure users can run the computer with a smooth experience. But if you are trying to reinstall a new Windows operating system like Windows 10 on your PC and re-manage your computer space, you'll need to delete all Windows hard drive partitions together with the OS. Then, how to delete all partitions on Windows 10, including the system partition?
To save your time and energy, the best way to do this job is by applying the ultimateEaseUS Partition Master. You can delete all partitions on Windows 11/10 with the operating system using aWindows 11/10 bootable USB drive.
Windows 11/10/8/7100% Secure
Note that this will delete all existing partitions on the system disk, including the OS. So make sure you've backed up all essential content in advance.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master, go to the Partition Manager section, right-click your OS disk and select "Delete All".
Step 2. Click "Yes" ton confirm that you are sure to delete all partitions on the OS disk.
Step 3. Click "Execute * Task" and click "Apply" to start deleting all partitions with OS on the selected disk.
Note: After this, you'll just need to wait patiently and EaseUS Partition Master will automatically delete the OS drive and other data partition on your disk.
In conclusion, we have shown you three ways to delete all partitions on Windows 11/10/8/7in this post.
- EaseUS Partition Master allows you to delete all partitions from a disk at one time. And it still supports deleting system partition in a WinPE environment with a EaseUS Partition Master bootable USB drive.
Windows 11/10/8/7100% Secure
- Disk Management can help to delete partitions one by one. When there are many partitions on your disk, this method is not very efficient.
- Diskpart in CMD can remove all partitions on a hard drive. But we highly recommend that only advanced computer users adopt this approach. Otherwise, any wrong operation may bring damage to your hard drive.
Delete All Partitions Windows 11/10 FAQs
Go on check the following relevant questions on how to remove all partitions from a hard drive on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
Can I delete all partitions?
It's easy to delete all partitions on a hard drive if it's not the system disk. The simplest way to delete all disk partitions is applying EaseUS partition management software. It provides the Delete All Partitions option to remove all partitions at a time.
Besides, if you want to delete all partitions on a system disk, you can use run EaseUS Partition Master with a bootable USB do make it.
Can I delete all partitions when reinstalling Windows 11/10?
To ensure a 100% clean Windows 10 install, you need tofully delete all the partitions on the system disk these instead of just formatting them. After deleting allpartitions you should be left with some unallocated space.You can delete the primary partition and the system partitionwith EaseUS Partition Master WinPE bootable disk. Read the content and check details.
How do I unpartition a hard drive in Windows 11/10?
How do I unpartition a drive?You can unpartition a hard drive and delete the partitions in several ways. Let's say how to delete partitions in Windows 10 with Disk Management:
Step 1. Right-click the Start button and click "Disk Management".
Step 2. Right-click the target partitionand choose"Delete Volume".
Step 3.Select "Yes" to start to unpartition and remove partitions from your hard drive.
What is the fastest way to remove all partitions from a drive?
The fastest way to remove all partitions from a hard drive is using an efficient disk partition tool:
Step 1. Download and run EaseUS Partition Master.
Step 2. Right-click the hard drive you want to remove partitions from, then choose "Delete All".
Step 3.Click"OK"and execute the operation to remove all partitions.