Some Wi-Fi networks, including those provided by hotels and schools, may require you to log in through a web interface known as a captive portal.
To use HomePod with a captive portal Wi-Fi network, do any of the following:
Set up HomePod on a captive portal Wi-Fi network: Connect your iOS or iPadOS device to the captive portal network and follow the instructions in Set up HomePod for the first time, above. When a captive portal screen appears on your device, follow the onscreen instructions to log in.(Video) HomePod Mini Unboxing And Setup | 2023 | Android User
Move HomePod to a captive portal Wi-Fi network: Connect your iOS or iPadOS device to the captive portal network, open the Home app, then tap the HomePod icon. Scroll down and tap “Move HomePod to [Wi-Fi network],” then complete the onscreen instructions.(Video) HomePod mini Unboxing, Setup and First Look
Reconnect to a captive portal Wi-Fi network: Connect your iOS or iPadOS device to the captive portal network, open the Home app, then tap the HomePod icon. Scroll down and tap “Reconnect HomePod to [Wi-Fi network],” then complete the onscreen instructions.(Video) HomePod 2nd Gen Unboxing, Setup, Comparison and Review
Note: HomePod can’t be used in a stereo pair or home theater configuration when connected to a captive portal Wi-Fi network.
How do I reconnect my HomePod? ›
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac that's signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
- Tap or click HomePod.
- Scroll down, or tap or click the Settings icon and scroll down.
- If you have two HomePod speakers set up as a stereo pair, select Restart HomePod.
Make sure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch has been updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you're using to set up HomePod mini or HomePod.How do I connect my HomePod to Wi-Fi? ›
- On your iPhone or iPad, connect to the 802.1X Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Home app.
- Tap the HomePod. ...
- Scroll down and tap "Move HomePod to [network name]".
- Tap Done after your HomePod connects to the new network.
If HomePod can't connect to Wi-Fi
Confirm your network setup. Unplug HomePod and plug it back in, then wait 20 to 30 seconds. Reset HomePod to factory settings, then set up HomePod again.
What to Know
- Home app > Tap and hold or double-click the HomePod icon > Choose Reset HomePod in the settings.
- Unplug the HomePod, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, and wait another 10 seconds. Place your finger on top of HomePod. ...
- Connect HomePod mini to your Mac.
- Unplug HomePod or unplug the power adapter for HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, then plug HomePod back in.
- Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger on the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. ...
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
Tap and hold or 3D Touch the HomePod icon for the specific HomePod you're having issues with. At the top a message will appear that says “This HomePod is on a different Wi-Fi network than this iPhone. Move HomePod to '(Wi-Fi name)'”. Give it a few seconds and HomePod will automatically connect to the new Wi-Fi network.How do I connect my HomePod to my iPhone? ›
Hold your iPhone or iPad close to HomePod
Unlock your iPhone or iPad and hold it next to HomePod or HomePod mini. Tap Set Up when it appears on your device's screen. If the setup screen doesn't appear, try locking your device and unlocking it again.
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can't use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.Does HomePod automatically connect to Wi-Fi? ›
HomePod automatically connects to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS or iPadOS device.
Does HomePod work Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? ›
iPhone and HomePod must be in the same HomeKit home and on the same Wi-Fi network. Your devices must have Bluetooth turned on in Settings and be within Bluetooth range of one another (about 33 feet or 10 meters).Do you need Wi-Fi to setup HomePod? ›
Can I use the HomePod mini without wifi or internet? A Wi-Fi connection to the Internet is required to set up and configure HomePod. Once that it is done it is possible to configure HomePod for peer-to-peer AirPlay connections that can work independently of Wi-Fi.How do I reset my HomePod without the Home app? ›
Reset HomePod mini on the speaker itself
If you can't reset the HomePod mini from the Home app, you can press the top of the speaker to reset it to its factory settings. Unplug the power adapter for the HomePod mini. Wait 10 seconds, and then plug the speaker back in.
Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you're using to set up HomePod mini or HomePod.How do I find my 8 digit code on HomePod? ›
Check the bottom of HomePod or HomePod mini
The serial number is on the bottom of your HomePod speaker.
Your HomePod might not be responding if you've recently changed your Wi-Fi password or placed it to another location. In this case, when you approach Siri, it will tell you that there's a problem connecting to the Wi-Fi. You can also view the alert for this particular issue stating 'Wi-Fi network' in the Home app.How do I set up my mini HomePod? ›
Pair your iPhone and HomePod Mini
Next, unlock your iPhone (or iPad) and hold it close to the speaker. A pop up should appear with an image of the speaker. Tap the 'set up' button and follow the instructions on screen. If you don't get this pop up, you can go to the Home app and tap the + button to add an accessory.
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad. ...
- Then tap the plus sign icon. ...
- Next, tap Add Accessory. ...
- Then select Don't Have a Code or Cannot Scan.
- Next, tap HomePod.
- Then tap Set Up.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
- Plug HomePod into power and wait for a chime. Place HomePod or HomePod mini on a solid surface with at least 6 inches of space around it and plug it into power. ...
- Hold your iPhone or iPad close to HomePod. ...
- Hold your iPhone or iPad over HomePod. ...
- Customize your HomePod settings. ...
- Wait for setup to complete.